ONLINE SHOP
BOOKING NOW

Mont-roig refuge, also known as “Can Bassacs”, belonged during the feudal ages to sir Bassacs, old liege of the lord of Mont-roig Castle (who himself was liege of the count of Besalú). Built at the end of XVIII century, close  to  Mont-roig  Castle,  on  24  hectares

of mediterranean forest, where now there are seven bunkers of the line P, a defensive barrier built by Franco’s army between 1939 and 1948. This line P had to protect Spain from a possible Allies invasion.

Line P is formed by 10.000 bunkers abandoned completely in the 80’s. Mont-roig Refuge is in the process of rebuilding them now.
Routes  Activities Environment